Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.design
Pete Wilcox Pete Wilcox is offline

Default Lead free solder - exposed in a UK national newspaper

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, msg wrote:

TheM wrote:

I wonder, should we ever be able to extend our lives to hundreds of years,
what that might mean for our lifestyle.
Living extremely healthy and avoiding pollution of all kinds, perhaps?

Also ensuring that a frontier is available; e.g. serious efforts at off-world
colonization.

Would require a MAJOR reduction in the birth-rate though, at least
initially, in order to avoid over-population. This reminds me of Tim
Leary's "SMILE" formula - the three major areas of development for the
species over the coming decades should/will be (SM) = Space Migration,
(I^2) = Increasing Intelligence, and (LE) = Life Extension. Despite the
fact that he was a drugged-out nutter, these seem to me to be quite
reasonable objectives.

Cheers,
Pete.