Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.design
Jay Ts Jay Ts is offline

Default Lead free solder - exposed in a UK national newspaper

William Sommerwerck wrote:
Whenever I see references to amalgam fillings in this context, I always
wonder just how 'real' the improvement in perceived well-being is. I
don't doubt that you feel better now you have had them removed, but I
really wonder how much of that is because you *expected* to feel
better, because that's why you were having them removed?

It's been shown that amalgam fillings release mercury vapor only when
you grind down hard on them. They're otherwide inert.

That's what the ADA and ADA-trained dentists like to say.
It is my opinion that they are in deep denial regarding the
issue. Not surprising considering that the ADA was formed by
a bunch of mercury-using dentists who got together and decided
that dentists in the organization were not allowed to tell
their patients that mercury was bad for them.

However, the information that I've reviewed says that there
have been research studies done that have shown it's just not true -
mercury dissolves a little in saliva, and a lot more in acidic
stuff like lemon juice, tomatoes or carbonated beverages.

I haven't actually read it, but I expect there's a lot more
informatin on this in Dr. Huggins' book.

So keeping in mind that I'm not an expert...

I think the rate of dissolution varies with individual body
chemistry, and the type, number and condition of fillings. And
some people seem to be a lot better than others at flushing out
toxins from their body (I'm in the low end on that one, so I have
to be a lot more careful). Or maybe some people are simply more
tolerant of having toxic bodies. To me, there seem to be a
lot of people in that category.

I regret the pun, but I find the whole topic of mercury filling
toxicity, along with the general topic of heavy metal toxicity
to be a "grey area" (sorry. It's really difficult to pin down
in a well-defined manner in a way that doesn't beg for debate.
The more I've studied it, the closer it seems to "conspiracy theory".
I wish it were simpler.

Jay Ts
--
To contact me, use this web page: