Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.design

Default Lead free solder - exposed in a UK national newspaper

Whenever I see references to amalgam fillings in this context,
I always wonder just how 'real' the improvement in perceived
well-being is. I don't doubt that you feel better now you have
had them removed, but I really wonder how much of that is
because you *expected* to feel better, because that's why
you were having them removed?

It's been shown that amalgam fillings release mercury vapor only when you
grind down hard on them. They're otherwide inert.