Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default Machine sale on ebay...has to be a record!

On Apr 9, 7:49 pm, "Tom Gardner" wrote:
3 years ago I sold a BIG bandsaw on eBay. The gentleman asked if I would store
it until he arranged transport from OH to CT. OK, it's not in the way! THREE
years later he has a truck ready to swing by...maybe. It didn't bother me, the
saw was out of the way but I figure this has to be the longest lived eBay
transaction. If anybody, Gunner might have similar stories.

Hi, Tom.
That is quite a story. I have never had anything like that, or even
close.

What I have experienced on Ebay is 6 months after buying an EPROM
programmer, the seller returned all my money. Never explained.

I own an electronic assembly service. We were using a lot of bar
solder in the wave solder machine several years ago. I found a seller
in New York that had a lot of brand name bar solder in large
quantities and got several batches at good prices. Then one day we got
a phone call from a police agency in the guy's home town. They asked
for copies of all Ebay sales and all email correspondence with the
seller, which I printed and faxed to them. Seems the guy was stealing
from his employer and selling on Ebay.

Seems like there was one other weird thing, but it escapes me right
now.

Thanks, Paul