Joel Corwith

Default Living without air conditioning.

Great, I suggest you apply to the NRC for a permit. While you're
waiting a couple decades for your paperwork to be denied, others will
be building wind farms, sometimes in as little as a year between
planning and startup. See

http://www.awea.org/pubs/factsheets/...ce01-13-04.pdf

And some won't bother with waiting or jawboning. Most DIY homeowners
can power their place independently in weeks, usually for less than
the cost of a second car.

Not if they want to be grid connected (for backup). But that's a different
story. Check out:
http://www.homepower.org/
You can download current issue for free.
http://www.homepower.org/magazine/do...rent_issue.cfm

Wind and energy maps:
http://www.homepower.org/education/wind.cfm#

Personally I like the idea of covered parking. Every shopping mall,
business location and school parking lots could be covered with solar panels
providing shaded parking down here.

Joel. phx

Towers and solar panel supports are generally made out of metal and built by
metalworking (small ray of on-topic conversation).

Wayne