Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Alternative to copper tubing for lpg

wrote:
On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 08:36:00 -0500, dpb wrote:

The gas companies in SW Fla seem to have overcome those problems. In
fact the factory pipe in my pool heater is galvanized.

I said it was historic and that there were some recent reports
indicating it was less of a problem than some earlier data had implied.
As with anything else, new information eventually supercedes older.

Some of us old fogey's stay w/ what we were taught...I doubt I'll ever
get over the rule.

It could be as simple as they improved the galvanizing process so they
don't flake anymore but you do put a trap in a gas line right before
the appliance anyway (that dead end on the last "T")

Again the flaking wasn't the major issue in anything I'm aware of--it
was contaminants in the gas react w/ the Zn in the galvanize to cause
premature failure by corrosion.