Bob Mannix

Default Can't turn hot water stop tap!

"Nick Nelson" wrote in message

Snowman wrote:

There's no nut. The tap is one where a quarter turn turns it off. ie

when
the oval bit you turn is in line with the pipe, it's open, if you turn

it
quarter of a turn so that it's crosses the pipe it's closed.

It sounds suspiciously like a gas tap to me. Anyway, there may well
be a nut on the back of the tap you could loosen (just a bit mind).

Nick

Sounds like a gas tap to me as well! Assuming you are certain that it's a
water tap(!) you could try spraying every evening for a few days with
WD40/PlusGas or whatever. It has (occasionally) worked for me in the past.
Then get brutal, but if it turns a little turn it back and then forward
again, then back etc., Make sure you can drain the system quickly.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)