Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.design
Pete Wilcox Pete Wilcox is offline

Default Lead free solder - exposed in a UK national newspaper

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Arfa Daily wrote:

Whenever I see references to amalgam fillings in this context, I always
wonder just how 'real' the improvement in perceived well-being is.
Have you located any studies as to whether people who have amalgam
fillings actually have a higher level of mercury in their bodies than would
be expected for their given location / lifestyle, and did these levels
actually reduce, or at least stop going up, once the amalgam had been
removed ? I'm interested to know, not least because I have an amalgam
filling in just about every 4 - 8 tooth, both sides, top and bottom, and
have had for 40 years or more since I was a kid, and they were the 'norm'.

Loadsa mercury in my mouth too, but I was told by my dentist that *more*
would be released into the body and absorbed during the process of having
the fillings drilled out and replaced, than would be released by simply
leaving them in place. Folks our age are going to die of *something* in
two or three decades, regardless. I think that mercury, or lead, or
whatever-other-heavy-metal poisoning is the least of our worries.

Cheers,
Pete.