Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default THIS NG IS RUINED. HERE'S AN ALTERNATIVE

"Charlie Self" wrote
"Dave in Houston" wrote:
I think the Champ Car/ IRL event is July 5-6. And the NASCAR boys
are
usually in August.

Dave in Houston

I haven't tried the IRL thing, but my most recent experience with
NASCAR (at Charlotte) convinced me that the smell of spilled beer
doesn't add a thing to the racing. Too, I decided that if I hoped to
retain what little is left of my hearing, NASCAR tracks ain't the
places to visit, at least during race time. I'm happier, too, with the
ability to back off and rest when the races get too intense, so mostly
I stick with vintage cars. I think the Glen race is sometime in
September, but I'll check before we start driving.

I used to be a die-hard CART fan, then IRL. Watched them race at Texas,
Kansas, Nashville, Michigan, Indianapolis, and Phoenix but with HDTV and a
big screen, and a whole lot less hassle with traffic, not to mention
....age.... I'll catch them on ESPN and ABC.

Max