Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

"John R. Carroll" wrote

All true and this isn't only an energy industry thing.
Increased gasoline prices have already had one positive result here in LA.
Traffic has dropped significantly on some routes, especially I-405 between
LAX and 101. I made it from Chatsworth to Torrance (46 miles) yesterday in
an hour at three o'clock in the afternoon. That is unheard of.

I figured it was about break point time for slovenly unnecessary driving.
Lots of people flitting here and there, cell phone glued to their ear,
driving a stick shift, drinking a soda and smoking at the same time. Going
nowhere, doing nothing. Usually under twenty five years old.

Steve