Peter Smithson

Default Replacement boiler advice please.

In article , cmcardle75
@nospam.yahooxxxx.co.uk says...
Odd that the chap said he could do gravity with a floor standing
boiler but not a wall mounted one!!!

It's because you need a boiler designed at least 30 years ago to make it
work. They didn't make wall mounted boilers back then.

I'm talking about gravity for the HW only - the CH is pumped. I know
they've made boilers that do that 20 years ago as I've got one!

Quite frankly, you should fix the system properly rather than spend money on
1970s technology that is about to be banned and will cost you dearly in fuel
bills.

My friends are just getting quotes from people and getting different
advice - not one of the quotes has suggested putting a pump in for the
HW system which seems really strange to me.

I think I've figured it out - one of the people said they had to have a
free standing boiler for gravity fed and the other people said they'd
stick a wall mounted one in. But they didn't actually say they'd leave
it as a gravity system - now my friends tell me! They assumed it would
be left as gravity but it wasn't specified when the idea of putting a
wall mounted boiler was suggested. So I suspect the wall mounted quotes
would have involved a HW pump but they just didn't mention it verbaly.

Anyway, now they've just got some people saying it's OK to put a flue
through two walls and another person saying its against regulation to
put it through two walls! Might try and find these regs on the
internet.

Thanks for the replies.

Peter
--