Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Lawn Help

I would get the soil analyzed. I suspect you don't have good top
soil. The site may have been a parking lot, a waste dump, or a
fill site. Find out what your soil requires before spending more
money on chemicals, seed, and water.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

wrote in message
Ok, year #2 in the beautiful newly built house in the NE with
the
crappy lawn. Builder half-assed it and the lawn is sparse with
a lot
of crabgrass. I don't need a "home and garden" lawn but I'd
like some
grass !
Questions:

1. My thought is to use a slit-seeder rented from home depot
since
previous attempts by just chucking down seed and watering has
failed.
Make sense? Other ideas?

2. Is now a good time to seed or should I wait 2 weeks or a
month?

Thanks for your guidance!