Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.design
JosephKK[_2_] JosephKK[_2_] is offline

Default Lead free solder - exposed in a UK national newspaper

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 17:59:28 -0500, clifto wrote:

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 13:00:14 -0500, clifto wrote:

I vaguely remember that it was all alpha radiation, but don't take my word
as gospel.

Nope. No helium nuclei were produced. They have little penetration
and wouldn't go through a sheet of toilet paper.

That's exactly why my head is telling me it was alpha; I remember thinking
how silly this all was when the radiation probably wouldn't penetrate the
wood beneath the chassis. I would have thought that if it was beta, some
of it would penetrate wood, and of course gamma would go right through.
But then, I wasn't paying careful attention, and I could certainly be wrong.

So we can learn to be more Chinese, one country, two systems.