Posted to rec.woodworking
G Mulcaster G Mulcaster is offline

Default Makita 2030 Planer-Jointer question

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:17:33 -0400, "BobS" wrote:

Bob,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the fig 27 and page 23 knob is for
adjusting the infeed bed for depth of cut. No problem there.

My question was poorly worded.

The problem is one of alignment of the infeed and outfeed beds. The
infeed bed has a 1/32" sag at the entry end. That is, if I bring the
beds to zero cut and place a straight edge on the beds, a gap is
visible at the end of the entry bed farthest from the cutters. As a
result, the wood being jointed develops a convex curve.

I'm looking for a way to adust the alignment so both beds are exactly
parallel with each other.

Regards, Gary

Gary,

The site and the manual do not show the alignment procedures that I can see,
so..... Tear into it and remove the infeed table. See if you can find any
adjustments and if not, then you have to use the practice that is typically
used on jointers - adding shims on the slides that the infeed table rests
on. Other than that - call the company and ask.

Bob,

I removed the infeed table. No adjustments found, However, it looks
to be easy to install shims. I will look into that.

There are three Makita service outlets nearby. I'll see if what they
have to say. They may have shimstock handy.

I called the National Call Center. Closed now, will try tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the help.

Gary