Posted to rec.woodworking
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Bandsaw tensioning

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 18:06:49 -0600, eganders wrote
(in article
):

I used that approach (see my 1st post), but I did neglect to try
something.
I did the same thing with a 6 inch dial caliper, but my digital
caliper does go down to .01 mm. It may not be super accurate, but it
is more precise than my dial caliper. I can get about .03 mm over a
127 mm (5 inch) range, so I get about 7 KPSI. That is pretty good and
maybe good enough for what I am after.

I used a dial gauge with 0.0001" resolution over 10" of blade span. It worked
well, but I really doubt something with 0.001 resolution would be 'accurate'
but it could be 'good enough'.
I'd do your measurement, strip down your setup, then repeat several times to
see your measurement variance (then average).

-Bruce