Posted to rec.woodworking
eganders eganders is offline

Default Bandsaw tensioning

On Apr 2, 12:09*pm, Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 07:12:33 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"eganders" wrote

BUT, I want experiences from people that have really TRIED this. *Has
anyone measured the true tension on a Delta saw with astraingauge
mechanism, calipers, shop made jig or some other scientific method and
can relate their ACTUAL experiences??? *Does the standard Delta spring
collapse or not at 15,000 psi??

I use an Iturra bandsaw tension gauge to set my Delta 14", but neither I,
nor anyone else, can answer your question with any authority because we
don't have your particular spring to test and we would be guessing at best.