Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Alan[_2_] Alan[_2_] is offline

Default Plans to build a Trailer for a Motorcycle to tow?

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:05:19 GMT, Ted Frater
wrote:

But of course hes my son! and already had a 14 yr engineering
appenticeship here since he was 2 yrs old.
Not only can he use all my machinery but I have made him think out
technical solutions to problems like his trailer.
If any of you have sons teach them all you know best investment you can
make.

True
Both my sons weld far better than I do, probably lack
of practice on my part - I improve after about 30 minutes.

Youngest son is a motor mechanic - but not your average one, he
hates servicing & repairs. His speciality is turbocharging, for his
own car he built the inlet manifold so no pipe was more than 1mm off
true balance and I think he got 211kW on road from 2 litres before the
back axle decided to go PING,TINKLE.

Current modification is making a 36mm Jackeroo axle fit the 26mm
Gemini stuff, turn down outer diameter to fit Gemini wheels, re-drill
for 4 studs not 6, make spacer washers to allow the different bearings
to fit etc. etc.

This is where he works http://www.c-red.com.au/index.php

Alan