Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel Doctor Drivel is offline

Default Using flexible hoses to gas water heater?

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:46:58 +0000, T i m wrote:

p.s. I still haven't had an answer re the use of the stainless braided
flexible hoses for the water connections on this multipoint?

I'm pretty sure I've removed a boiler for a mate (it had all been
decommissioned gas-wise) and that had all the water terminations made
with such (15 and 22mm)? This doesn't mean it's a good thing of
course, just that someone has used them for said.

ISTR there's a regulation somewhere (one of the British Standards?)
that appliances such as boilers must have the first metre of pipework in
copper. (Presumably steel would be OK, but not plastic or rubber.)

There isn't such reg. Some makers will allow plastic pipe right up to the
boiler. Usually when the connections are outside the boiler casing.