Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Will Liquid Nails bleed through composite marble window sills?

Doc wrote:

The guy at Home Depot said that if I use Liquid Nails to adhere my
window sills - which he said are some kind of composite marble, not
true marble - directly to the exposed wood frame of the window, over
time it will bleed through and become visible in the shape that it's
applied. His assertion was that I should nail lathe to the frame and
use thinset for the sills.

Thoughts?

I have no idea about your liquid nails and composite marble. We have
marble sills with, perhaps,
a half-inch overhang. Appears all that holds them in place is the trim
strip down each side of the
window frame and caulk around the edge of the sill. Very secure,
whatever the method.