Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
JoanD'arcRoast JoanD'arcRoast is offline

Default Questions about Powermatic 3520B

I'm seriously considering getting this lathe with my tax refund money.

Question #1: Who has the best price on this lathe? Osolnik seems to
sell it for $2526.98. There is currently a $100 rebate available from
Powermatic, which if applicable, would bring it down a C-note. Can
anyone do better?

Question #2: There is a "bowl extension bed" that comes with a tool
rest riser; does anyone know how much extra swing that creates? I can
find no pictures of it mounted in place -- I'm guessing it bolts down
lower than the main bed the same amount that the riser raises the tool
rest... Anyone have some dimensions on this accessory, or some links?

thanks,
-j