Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default P2R phillips bit -- what is it?

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Esther & Fester Bestertester" wrote in message
obal.net...
Found these among my 1/4-inch driver bits. Tried to use them for #2
phillips
screws and snapped off a couple.

What are these for?

Thanks,
FBt

I'm not sure what they are either. Back some time ago, before I retired,
we had 2 shapes of Phillips #2. one was normal and the other was real
narrow. I don't remember the number designation for the narrow one but I
liked it because it sat deeper in the screw and I thought it held better.
That's kinda what yours sounds like.

If you would have Googled better, you would have found that some Phillips
tips have serrations and are made of harder metal and metal of different
metallurgy to resist chipping, stripping and schlipping.

But you knew that, right?

You know everything.

Steve