Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Versizon FIOS vs. Cable

On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 03:48:51 GMT, "James Sweet"
wrote:

There was a doorknob card on my door last Thursday, with contact info
on how to sign up. The very next day they showed up drilling holes in
my yard and my n'bors. They used something like a horizontal derrick,
that fed in new 8 foot pieces of pipe automatically. Could make one
hole that was at least 300 feet long. They cleaned up pretty well,
though.

They dug a big hole in my yard the summer before last and did a half assed
job cleaning up, go figure they mucked up the one part of the yard I'd
managed to get pretty nice looking. I'd meant to call and complain but I
misplaced the number and then after a while it'd been so long.

When I say they cleaned up pretty well, first, they messed up a tiny
piece of land that I own, but it's outside my fence, and I've
temporarily disowned it, so I don't care that much what it looks like.

I'm in a townhouse and the first guy in the next building seems to
find it very important to tend to this tiny piece of land, so even
though I plan to fix things as soon as it rains again and the ground
is malleable, he'll probably beat me to it.

By most people's standards, there is much to do.

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)