Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V Brian V is offline

Default Where to get lead test kits

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Anyone know where to get lead testing kits? I have in mind something I can
use to test surfaces or pieces of material (for example, chipped paint)
for lead. Something fairly reliable but not super-expensive (this isn't an
OHSA operation after all). This would be a service for my customers, to
let them know for sure whether their walls/kitchen drawers/whatever are a
potential lead hazard.

Helpful replies appreciated.

Home Depot's got em. 9.99 for the kits. They look like a small vial with a
dauber on the end, you crush the vial, the "juice" flows up to the dauber,
if there's lead it changes to a specific color.