Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Framing nailer

On Apr 6, 1:38*pm, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:37:30 -0500, "Moo" no wrote:
I need to buy a framing nailer. *I see the cordless Paslode models can fire
a lot of nails between having to replace energy cells and recharging the
battery, so am tempted to go for one of those. *It will only be used on my
house, for example framing out my basement and other miscellaneous jobs that
come along, so not heavy duty.

A question for the group - what are the best types of nails to go for - I
see guns shoot a variety (paper collated or weld for example)? *Any other
advice on framing nailers gratefully received.

I'd go for a pneumatic. * * A compressor is a wonderful thing to have.
My house was without one for 30 years or so- and within a month of
when I got it I couldn't believe I ever lived without it. [far more
valuable than the variety of nail guns I've bought for it since.]

Shooting round headed nails was important to me.
I ended up with a Porter Cable 350 bought from Amazon. * I watched
ebay & craigslist for several months for a good deal on a used one-
then caught a special on Amazon for about the used price.

Jim

Can a framing nailer be used to toe-nail wall studs without
overdriving the nails or splitting the studs?

KC