Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Breaking up concrete

Oren wrote:
On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 00:31:09 +0000 (UTC), (Dave
Martindale) wrote:

(Dave Martindale) writes:

The two ways to improve the situation seem to be: get a bigger hammer
(e.g. a long-handled sledgehammer), or some sort of power hammer. What
would be suitable for 6 inch concrete?

"Get a bigger hammer" turned out to be an excellent suggestion. I
bought an 8 pound sledgehammer today. It took two blows to break the
remaining concrete in half. Three more blows and it was in 5 pieces,
all small enough to pick up easily. I was done in 5 minutes.

I sure wish I'd bought the larger hammer at the beginning of the
project!

Dave

So,you have about 2 hours and 5 minutes into the removal )

If you ever need a "Big Red Hammer" look at cutting torches. Not to be
confused with a fireman's axe.

Big Red Hammer? We always called them smoke wrenches.

--
aem sends...