Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Drywall problem to reoccur?

Mike Paulsen wrote:

RicodJour wrote:

On Apr 6, 6:19 am, Aaron Fude wrote:

Hi,

When this type of problem occurs after the surface was primed and
painted:

http://freeboundaries.com/drywallproblem2.jpg

and the problem is addressed by adding compound, repriming and
repainting - is the problem fixed permanently or is it likely to
reoccur?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what I'm looking at in the picture. I don't understand
how someone got texture on the wall without getting it on the corner
tape. If the tape went on after, as in a repair, how did they keep
the compound from obscuring the texture adjacent to the tape?

It appears the texture was rolled rather than sprayed and the painter
stayed away from the corner. Look down by the outlet box and pipe.

That is how it looks to me, as well. It looks like the joint compound
was applied on a rough surface, rather than like there are bubbles
under it. If there are bubbles, they should sound a little hollow if
you tap on them. If not bubbles, then careful sanding and appl. of
joint compound
might help get the surface a little flatter. It is tough to get the
texture to match the rolled texture, but sponging on a thick primer
might help match the rolled texture prior to final coat.