Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Fluorescent lighting problem . . .

"Ray" wrote in message
Our kitchen has three under-the-cabinet flourescent lights. Suddenly two
out of the three tubes won't come on.

The one nearest the switch still comes on, but not the next two.

It's not the tubes, because I tested all three in the one that works, and
they all come on.

Sometime ago I noticed a very slight, intermittent popping noise -- almost
like a water-drip -- in the area of the second on the line.

I notice that when I take the tubes out of the non-functioning holders,
the ends of the tubes are quite warm.

I've tested all circuit-breakers.

Any guidance appreciated.

First check the power and ground connections. Next try new lamps, as they
get older they're more dificult to light.The fact that they work in the one
fixture means little. Next, you could replaced the ballast transformers,
but I'd sooner replace the fixtures, preferably with Xenon