Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Framing nailer

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 12:37:30 -0500, "Moo" no wrote:

I need to buy a framing nailer. I see the cordless Paslode models can fire
a lot of nails between having to replace energy cells and recharging the
battery, so am tempted to go for one of those. It will only be used on my
house, for example framing out my basement and other miscellaneous jobs that
come along, so not heavy duty.

A question for the group - what are the best types of nails to go for - I
see guns shoot a variety (paper collated or weld for example)? Any other
advice on framing nailers gratefully received.

I'd go for a pneumatic. A compressor is a wonderful thing to have.
My house was without one for 30 years or so- and within a month of
when I got it I couldn't believe I ever lived without it. [far more
valuable than the variety of nail guns I've bought for it since.]

Shooting round headed nails was important to me.
I ended up with a Porter Cable 350 bought from Amazon. I watched
ebay & craigslist for several months for a good deal on a used one-
then caught a special on Amazon for about the used price.

Jim