Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
mac davis[_3_] mac davis[_3_] is offline

Default Re-Roofing a Geodesic Dome. What Fun!

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 07:15:46 -0700, "jloomis" wrote:

WOW.. I was thinking that the scenery looked like Tennessee or something..lol
I used to run through Fort Bragg on bike rides from the bay area, years ago..

Rode the skunk train once and that was enough tourist stuff for me..lol

We use to take a bike-camping vacation every year and usually started by taking
the 101 up north and crossing over to hiway 1 at Fort Bragg...
Wonderful route to the Oregon coast, if you like winding roads and rugged
coastlines.. (we did)

Hi Mac,
That is 10 mile river area.....very rural part of northern calif.
North of Fort Bragg, just past 10 mile bridge on highway 1.
The area is very rural, cow pasture, sheep, deer, salmon and steelhead
stream.
Mountain lion and bear also live back up in the hills.
The coast is very steep along highway 1, and very panoramic. Small town of
Westport north of there is a stopping spot when I go surf fishing this
spring......
jloomis
"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:33:26 -0700, "jloomis" wrote:

I am working on a Geodesic Dome Re-Roof.
I did the construction several years ago to the 2 attached buildings.
The Geodesic Dome is nasty.....There is no ventilation in the traingle
shapes....It was insulated with standard batt insulation and sheetrocked
interior......No place for the water vapor to vent.....
The owner knows it, I really cannot fix the problem other than re-roof
it.....
What a job......
All the cells are enclosed.......
What can you do?
any ideas welcome....
jloomis

No suggestions, just a question:
Where is it located? The surrounding country is fantastic!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing