Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default Framing nailer

For a weekend warrior it will make very little difference what gun
you choose. If you need or want an air compressor for other needs
including an air finish nailer, I think I would encourage you in
that direction. Code compliance in some areas requires full round
head nails for framing - many of the old systems used clipped
heads. I would suggest making sure it uses nails that you can buy
locally. The Harbor Freight stuff is adequate for your needs, but
watch availability of nails.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Moo" no wrote in message
news
I need to buy a framing nailer. I see the cordless Paslode
models can fire a lot of nails between having to replace energy
cells and recharging the battery, so am tempted to go for one of
those. It will only be used on my house, for example framing out
my basement and other miscellaneous jobs that come along, so not
heavy duty.

A question for the group - what are the best types of nails to
go for - I see guns shoot a variety (paper collated or weld for
example)? Any other advice on framing nailers gratefully
received.

TIA

Moo