Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Breaking up concrete

On Apr 5, 6:21*pm, aemeijers wrote:
Dave Martindale wrote:
(Dave Martindale) writes:

The two ways to improve the situation seem to be: get a bigger hammer
(e.g. a long-handled sledgehammer), or some sort of power hammer. *What
would be suitable for 6 inch concrete?

"Get a bigger hammer" turned out to be an excellent suggestion. *I
bought an 8 pound sledgehammer today. *It took two blows to break the
remaining concrete in half. *Three more blows and it was in 5 pieces,
all small enough to pick up easily. *I was done in 5 minutes.

I sure wish I'd bought the larger hammer at the beginning of the
project!

* *Dave

So now, grasshopper, you understand why the term 'BFH' is used so often
in this group. Don't need it often, but when you do, there really is no
substitute.

--
aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Nothign beats a precision calibrated BFH when you need one.

Harry K