Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Roofing Question

On Apr 5, 7:25*pm, Blattus Slafaly 0/00 ? ? ?
wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:
My wife got a quote to replace our roof. Since I haven't spoken to the
guy yet, I've got question about one thing he quoted:

"Additional cost of $45/sheet for 1/2" plywood."

I have 3/4" tongue & groove under the shingles, not plywood. He didn't
look in the attic, so I doubt he knows this.

Can I assume that the easy answer is - When I tell him it's 3/4"
tongue & groove he'll just quote me a higher price for 3/4" ply?

Why replace the whole roof if all you need is shingles?

--
Blattus Slafaly *? 3 * * *7/8

The whole thing sounds dubious to me. Why would a contractor be
delivering a pile of ply if they haven't even started the tear-off
yet. It costs money and time to deliver and then remove uneeded
material

I would not deal, or even talk, to a "contractor' that "happened to be
in the area". Well maybe I would depending on the looks of the
equipment and crew but it would only be to get a bid for comparing to
other companies.

Harry K