Posted to alt.home.repair
Nick Hull Nick Hull is offline

Default OT; Answering mach for 6 rings?

In article , aspasia wrote:
Oh, so YOU'RE the one who has been hanging up just as I get to the
phone from the (kitchen) (yard) (bathroom) (bedroom) (front porch)
or whereever else I have been pursuing my life!

Oh, that's all right...I don't mind having (barked my shin) (tripped
over some shoes in the hall) (dinged my elbow on the door frame)
(scattered papers on the floor) (done other damage), in my haste to
get to the phone "by the second or third ring".

I know you meant well; you assumed I spend the day -- and evening --
sitting by the phone waiting for your call. I do realize that YOUR
time is much more valuable than MINE, so you can't wait for me to get
to the phone, or for my ans. machine to pick up...

At last, someone who actually understands the problem