Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.design

Default Lead free solder - exposed in a UK national newspaper

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

Although the EPA noted that metallic lead does corrode,
resulting in toxic soluble compounds, they didn't say
anywhere (at least that I could find) that lead in landfills is
considered a significant problem, and there was no mention
of danger from tossing used electronics in the trash.

Unless, of course, it's a CFL full of nasty mercury compounds ... d;~}

I assume you're being hyperbolic for humorous effect. But there is only a
tiny amount of mercury in a fluorescent tube.