Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Damp found on kitchen wall - HELP!!

Jim wrote:
Hi all

Started removing the tiles in my kitchen and I've found an area of damp !!
The wall in question is what was the old exterior wall but is now an
interior as an extension was added quite a while ago (guessing about 20
years) The wall is block (possibly brick) with a plaster coat, then someone
has plasterboarded over that and stuck the tiles to the plasterboard. Ther
area of damp is at least 3 foot across (maybe more but that goes into
another room) and stretches 2 feet up the wall. The plasterboard was damp to
the touch and black but the wall underneath doesn't appear too bad.

Can anyone advise what my next course of action should be as I've never had
to tackle damp before

Thanks

Jim

With that much damp on an internal wall, I think I'd check for plumbing
leaks first.