Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default epoxy for masonry use

Tim wrote:
I am adding a few masonry blocks to the top exterior wall corners of
my home. They will be setting directly on top of existing masonry
block construction..probably 2 or 3 each way at the corner for a
Spanish/territorial style affect. The city inspector says I should
take about a 24" piece of rebar at each corner and drill into the
existing block base...epoxy the rebar into the corner section...and
add the two short 'steps' of new block over/around the rebar corner
anchor.
What he didn't say was what type of epoxy to use...HB and Lowes only
have these little ...looks like one shot...tubes ?

Anyone know what type of epoxy...?...and can I buy it in like a quart
or gallon size set up rather than 3 or 4 dozen of these little
'applicator tubes'

I think they've got a lot of left-over epoxy from the Boston Big-Dig Tunnel
project...