Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Breaking up concrete

Dave Martindale wrote:
(Dave Martindale) writes:

The two ways to improve the situation seem to be: get a bigger hammer
(e.g. a long-handled sledgehammer), or some sort of power hammer. What
would be suitable for 6 inch concrete?

"Get a bigger hammer" turned out to be an excellent suggestion. I
bought an 8 pound sledgehammer today. It took two blows to break the
remaining concrete in half. Three more blows and it was in 5 pieces,
all small enough to pick up easily. I was done in 5 minutes.

I sure wish I'd bought the larger hammer at the beginning of the
project!

Dave

So now, grasshopper, you understand why the term 'BFH' is used so often
in this group. Don't need it often, but when you do, there really is no
substitute.

--
aem sends...