Scott Brownell

Default Shop safety

Rob Stokes wrote:

Thank you Charlie, and normally I would agree however if you're looking for
a simple solution this works, and "quickly" can shorten the life from 50
years to ten...still not a bad solution.

Rob

"Charlie Spitzer" wrote in message

"Rob Stokes" wrote in message
s.com...
Couple of thoughts...

Assuming you have a sub-panel in the shop, you could get a locking cover

(or
add a traditional pad lock) making sure you kill the breakers when you

leave
and lock the panel behind you. This way you don't have to shut power to

the
whole panel and can leave lighting etc. circuits on.

breakers aren't designed to be used as switches. doing so wears them out
lots more quickly.

snipped

I know of a retail furniture store that did exactly this every night for
over 20 years and never had a problem. Had an electrician tell me one
time that it's actually a good idea to cycle them at least once a
month..something about keeping them freed up, too many years have gone
by to remember exactly what he said.

Scott
up later, the damage remains.