Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Buying from Scrap yards?

"SCOTT" wrote in message
news:050420082054065765%scottb9411removethis@comca st.net...
The town where I live has started not letting you take anything from
the scrap metal bin at the town dump. Apparently they have a contract
with the removal company that requires all metal brought in to stay
there. So it looks like I need to find a new source for bits and
pieces. I haven't tried to buy from scrap yards before. Do you guys do
this, if so is there repairable machinery that comes up there, or is it
all shredded, or what?

Scott

It is so hard to comment on this, as I have no idea how things are where you
live. Some things you may consider: Craigslist, AM radio shows that
advertise wanted or for sale items, putting a WANTED ad in your local Quick
Quarter (or equivalent), just getting out more.

It's like a garage sale. You just have to go look. You can't find that one
valuable treasure in all that trash at a yard sale by driving by and looking
out the window.

Steve