Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can I do it to Conduit?

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 12:29:49 -0500, "jusme" wrote:

I have some 4 inch, grey, electrical conduit and I need to run but some
portions will need to have slight bends. They want real money for 'sweeps'.

I have an industrial heat gun. I can guess, too but does anyone have
experience bending this with heat, in this size?

Thanks.

j/b

metal content: heat gun is metal.

Yes, you can. Job benders for PVC are nothing more than a heat box
you lay the pipe in.

I think..with 4", Id (carefully) use a rosebud on your torch, if you
have one.

And if possible, bend it around something like a drum or whatnot.

And wear gloves, its gonna be HOT

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner