Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Installing round eve vents

BillGill wrote:
I am thinking of improving the air circulation in my attic by
installing some of the round eve vents. I can figure out how to
install them, drill a hole the right size and push them in,but how do
I make them stay there? My experience with things I just push in is
not very great. They have a tendency to fall out.

The ones I looked at at Lowes are just round plugs, with nothing to
hold them in except friction. Do they make any that have something to
hold them?

Are you sure you want to do this?

They have very little area and what there is is partially consumed by
screening.

One rectangular vent would offer as much ventilation as twenty of those
round jobbers - and with considerably less effort.