Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default How to bend 1/4" steel strip

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
Freddie,
Bending this plate is very easy with a brake or even a large vice or
hydraulic press. All of which are common garage tools. What you're telling
this audience is that you are dangerous to yourself and others. please
acquire and use the correct tools for the job. Stupidity has a way of
purging the gene pool.
Steve

Hey Steve,

The above is a little harsh.
We (at least I) all started with mostly nothing in the way of tools (55±
years ago). I remember as a 12 year old, taking apart an abandoned
automobile differential with hammer, chisel and repeated dropping from a
third floor balcony onto a concrete patio. I remember at the age of 13
saving up enough money for an S&K 1/2" socket set. We've all bent metal by
wedging one end between tree branches etc.
Give the OP a break and help him in his quest.

Ivan Vegvary