Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair
mg mg is offline

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

On Apr 1, 6:34 pm, wrote:
Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

By H. JOSEF HEBERT, Associated Press Writer 1 minute ago

.. . .

"On April Fool's Day, the biggest joke of all is being played on
American families by Big Oil," Rep. Edward Markey, D-Mass., said,
aiming his remarks at the five executives sitting shoulder-to-shoulder
in a congressional hearing room.

"Our earnings, although high in absolute terms, need to be viewed in
the context of the scale and cyclical, long-term nature of our
industry as well as the huge investment requirements," said J.S.
Simon, senior vice president of Exxon Mobil Corp., which made a record
$40 billion last year.

.. . .

On October 10, 2002, Rep. Edward Markey, and others, voted for HJ RES
114, the Iraqi War Resolution. As a result, George Bush destroyed
Iraq's government and it's infrastructure and took them back to the
stone age, thus insuring that Iraqi will not be able to develop it's
vast oil resources for a long, long time to come. And also insuring
that Bush and his oil Nazis will be laughing all the way to the bank
for a long, long time to come.

The biggest joke of all didn't occur on April Fool's day. It occurred
on October 10, 2002 when Rep. Edward Markey voted for the Iraq War
Resolution.