Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default can I make long cables, other than co-ax cables

In article ,
mm wrote:
I have co-ax cable run through my whole house, so I can watch in
almost any room what is playing on the VCR in my bedroom. It works
great. Can I now do the same thing with either RCA or S-video cables?

You can certainly run baseband analogue video over considerable distances
- after all this is how transmitters were fed at one time. However, the
sort of cable used for interconnects might be quite lossy over longish
distances so video co-ax designed for installation work would be a better
bet. Something like RG59 is an economical solution - can be bought for
approx 25 gbp per 100 mtrs.

--
*Why is it considered necessary to screw down the lid of a coffin?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.