Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Part-time machinist wanted...how to hire?

On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 01:01:56 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

BTW, I mentioned to my "client" (friend of son's MIL) what others had
said in that thread and then told him I'd be glad to accept whatever
he felt would be fair.

PS This was after he had received the part, installed it at his job
site and tried it out. Then he said he'd like to pay me. There had
been no a priori negotiation. He described his problem, I sent him a
solution that apparently worked well for him.

He topped the highest estimate, more than doubled the lowest. Perhaps
he thinks he might like to come back for more some day? G