Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Part-time machinist wanted...how to hire?

I was thinking of farming out a folder full of parts I need but thought I might
be better off hiring a gruff old retired swarf maker to come in. Why not, I've
got great equipment and racks full of raw materials and have the parent machines
at hand for reference and fit. The right guy could come and go as he pleases,
pocket some money and enjoy some accomplishment...and get away from the wife for
a while.

What are the ways to locate such a guy? How much should I offer? Per hour?
Per job? Can I screen applicants according to political leanings? Joke
repertoire? Cigarette brand? Coffee making skills? Number of fingers?