Posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.activism,alt.energy,alt.home.repair

Default Oil chiefs say high prices not our fault

On Apr 4, 8:40*pm, wrote:
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:09:29 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
And don't kid yourself there was LOTS of fuel in the '70s to the point were
there was no place else to store it.

I guess you slept through the Arab oil embargo while everyone else
waited in lines that were real. * Many people couldn't get any gas at
any price because the station had none. * Other stations had long
lines and were limiting purchases to 5 gallons to try to help as many
people as they could. * *If there was no fuel at a station one day,
but it was there the next, it was because they had run out and got a
new and limited delivery the next day.

I was wide awake but I also knew there were tankers sitting in
Chesapeake bay waiting for the price hike before they would unload.
Did you notice that as soon as the government dropped the price freeze
there was suddenly gas everywhere?

Yeah, another urban myth resurfaces. The tankers waiting offshore
myth was widely circulated, investigated and dismissed as nonsense 3
decades ago. There was gas everywhere again when the Arabs lifted
the embargo. Simple as that.