Posted to alt.home.repair
gary gary is offline

Default Telephones ringing

On Apr 4, 2:59 pm, Tom Horne wrote:
gary wrote:
The telephone circuit in my home has two phone jacks:

Jack #1 serves a Panasonic KX-TG5210 5.8 GHz Cordless Phone and a hard-
wire AT&T Trimline phone.

Jack #2 serves a hard-wired AT&T Trimline phone.

When an incoming call arrives:

only one phone rings
or only two phones ring.
or the loudness of the ringing varies from phone to phone.

How do I get all phones to ring and to ring loudly?

Not enough information to provide a cogent answer. Is your home's
location urban, suburban, or rural? Is your telephone service provided
over copper wires, coaxial cable, fiber optic filament, or some other
medium. Is all of the telephone wiring in the home of the same age and
type?
--
Tom Horne

for general use." Thomas Alva Edison

My home is in the city of Riverside, California.
The phone service is via copper wires (about 35 years old).