Posted to alt.home.repair
BETA-33 BETA-33 is offline

Default Crack in Basement Floor Seeping Water

I think you will find that the crack is from water pressure under the
concrete that is due to a high water table (or possibly, from not a good
enough runoff of water away from the house on the outside).

The solution will probably be a sump pump which will operate as the water
table rises. If you do an Internet search on sump pumps, you'll probably
find some explanations of this.

"Kevin G." wrote in message
On Apr 3, 3:59 pm, zzyzzx wrote:
Pictures always help, but I'm more inclined to think that maybe the
water table is rising in that area after a heavy rain, etc.
Of course, maybe you live in Arizona, or something and you already
know for a fact that's not the case.

I live in Northwest Ohio. I have posted some pictures he

http://www.tinysunshine.com/20080402_3544.JPG
http://www.tinysunshine.com/20080402_3545.JPG
http://www.tinysunshine.com/20080402_3542.JPG