Terry King

Default NAILS: A simple question???

....you can tell I'm building something 'cause I got lotsa questions!

This one: What's the best type of nail to use in freshly-cut
hemlock? This is mostly for floorboards; the frame is post&beam.
Also will be for SOME small framing for siding, and for roof
purlins before metal roofing.

Are Galvanized common nails needed or desireable? I got one
opinion that said "The wood is going to dry and stay dry and
the common nails will rust just a bit and then they'll grab
better than the galvanized. What's your experience / opinion??

The nails look OK on a small shed I built with common nails, but
this is more important to me.

Thanks!
--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont

The one who Dies With The Most Parts LOSES!! What do you need?